Security Adviser and Equipment Installer Licence Number: 4021999
Security Camera Solutions for Most Homes and Businesses
Do you need a security camera system or installer? We can advise, supply
and install any CCTV system. Typically our surveillance systems come with the following features, which we are confident is suitable, reliable and cost-effective for most homes and businesses:
- Full High Definition 2MP (i.e. 1080p).
Upgradable to 4MP
(i.e. double 1080p!) for $40 per security camera.
Upgradable to 8MP or 12MP upon request.
- All our Gold Coast Security Cameras have 50 meters night vision!
- All our Gold Coast Security Cameras are vandal and weather resistant
- Remote live view and playback via PC and/or mobile device(s).
- Motion detection - email alerts available upon
- Recordings stored locally via hard drive (i.e. no cloud
- All parts come with at least 3 years warranty.
- Multiple buildings can be joined via dedicated wireless
links - range 15km line of sight!
- Solar powered and 3G/4G systems available upon request.
Critical Infrastructure Security Camera Solutions
When it comes to critical infrastructure for tier 1 companies and government, there are some outstanding options - however they are expensive! Some features include:
- Motion detection via PIR or radar sensor - see below section "Motion Detection".
- Target position and velocity tracking via radar - up to 50 metres and 120° field of view.
- Horn with preprogrammed voice messages, or custom voice messages.
- Control 3rd party devices (e.g. gate, lock, lights)
- Alerts/logs for 3rd party devices (e.g. lock status, PIR status)
- Analytics features such as people counting and cross line detection (virtual trip-wire).
- Custom software development options via the API.
- Highly secure and trusted brand (AXIS Communications) - Made in Sweden.
Swann, Techview, Bunnings, Jaycar Security Camera CCTV Kits
To Swann, or not to Swann, that is the question! There are many low budget CCTV systems you can purchase for
Bunnings, Dicksmith, Jaycar, etc, such as Swann, Signet, Techview, Cocoon,
Foscam, etc. Generally we do not recommend them for these
- We get enquiries regularly with reported issues for these low budget brands.
- Known to lock up and require a manual power reset.
- Come with a desktop-grade hard drive, so it will not last as long as a surveillance-grade hard
- Typically plastic camera housing, not full-metal housing -
so generally not vandal resistant, or high IP rating.
- Less night vision range.
- Less field of view.
- Typically less MegaPixels.
All that said, we appreciate the materials cost is
economically attractive for home, office or small business. And
will still serve the chief goal as a deterrent from theft,
trespassing, etc. So we are
more then happy to install these CCTV systems. For most one story homes,
office or small business, it generally takes us about 2.5 hours to
install 4 Gold Coast Security Cameras and config remote access
setup for your mobile phone, tablet,
and/or PC to liveview/playback anywwhere in the world!
Here is one
4x 2MP security camera kit for $549! - contact us today for
installation and/or configuration of remote access
setup for your mobile phone, tablet and/or PC..
Reading Licence Plates with Gold Coast Security Cameras
From our early evening tests, a 8MP security camera using a 12mm lens can see Australia licence plates at
about 35 metres. So in theory we have the following MegaPixel (MP) vs range
for reading licence plates, assuming a 12mm lens:
- 12MP security camera - about 50 metres.
- 8MP security camera - about 35 metres.
- 4MP security camera - about 17 metres.
- 2MP security camera - about 8 metres.
- 1MP security camera - about 4 metres.
Given these tests where done early evening, we would expect
better during day. However at night time we suspect it's hard to read at that range, without
external significant IR illuminators.
If you just need a security camera to see licence plates, then
you just need to select a suitable lens and MegaPixel (MP) security
camera for your target range. However if your objective is
to automatically recognise a licence plate, and perhaps match it
against a database for access control. Then please see
Plate Recognition LPR/ANPR services.
Wireless Security CCTV
When most people think wireless, they forget about power. In
most cases wireless systems are only for data, and therefore still
required wired power. From our experience there are two cases to use wireless:
Joining Buildings/Locations with Wireless Links
For large span installations, trenching is costly and risky, so we
recommand to bridge the gap with wireless links instead. For
example. Building A, might have 4x wired Gold Coast Security Cameras, and building
B might have 8x wired Gold Coast Security Cameras. So we simply link the
buildings with one wireless link. We generally use 900MHz or 5GHz
wireless transceivers, that can go up to 15km line of sight. For
most cases we can use 5GHz. However if we need the wireless signal
to go around corners, over a mountain, or penetration objects,
buildings and/or dense foliage, we would use 900MHz.
Cost-effective 100% Wire-Free Home Security Camera Installations
We appreicate the cost of a high MegaPixel (MP) wired security installation is an
investment. However if you can't afford such a security camera
system, then we are aware of one option that is cost-effective for
home and small businesses. That system is known as the Netgear ARLO Smart Home Security - 4 HD Camera
Security System. It costs $799 for 4x 1MP (i.e. 720p)
cameras, records to the cloud, and is 100% wire-free (batteries
life is about 4 to 6 months). If you can't install or config the ARLO
system, just contact us, and we can likely install it in about 1-2 hours. Generally speaking we don't recommand cameras with built-in wireless antennas.
Solar Powered Station for Gold Coast Security Cameras
In the previous section we discussed that typically a wireless
solution requires power. For remote security camera installations,
power is not available. In this case, we can use batteries and/or
solar. It should be well understood that a solar solution is not
cost-effective and can be not aesthetically pleasing. To give you
an idea - for one security video camera and one wireless transceiver to
continously run day and night will require: about 200W solar
panel (in most areas of East Coast Australia), batteries, solar
charger, etc, and will cost about $1800 in materials, not including the security
camera, wireless transceiver, or galvanised pole.
Improving Security Camera Night Vision
Most cameras have built-in IR for night vision, rated to 30m or 50m. However, it's not the best. To improve night vision, consider an external IR illuminator, which is like a floodlight, that human eyes can't see. They are simply powered via 12Vdc and do not need to be placed near the camera - in some ways, elsewhere is better (e.g. area of concern, or area of weak/poor night vision). Here is an example of what you can expect when moving from a camera with 50m rated built-in IR, to a 150m rated 60° field of view external IR illuminator, where the far edge of the pool is about 25m from the camera.
Improving Security Camera Motion Detection
Most security camera systems support motion detection via vision. However using vision only is known to be unreliable (i.e. cause false positives). Vision-based motion detection can be triggered via rain, insects, moving shadows (e.g. from clouds), and might miss small or slow objects.
For more reliable motion detection, you need to add more sensors. Some options are PIR and radar sensors. Both PIR and radar have a 120° field of view. PIR is cost-effective, however only 12 metres range, and not the best for outdoor/sunlight. Radar allows up to 50 metres, works in bad weather such as rain or snow, and can track target position and velocity - allowing target tracking via PTZ cameras!
Once you have reliable motion detection - you can confidently use it for instant notification via email, mobile phone push notification and/or have a speaker/horn say someting to the intruder.
To get a feel of the power of radar based sensors for motion detection and notifications, watch this YouTube video:
Advanced Analytics Surveillance Features
We are experienced with installation of standard security
camera systems for your home, office, warehouse, street or
highway. We even offer more complex CCTV solutions which may require features such as:
Contact us today to setup a meeting and/or site inspection.
CCTV Systems General Information
When thinking about a security camera system, you may like to consider the following options:
- Fixed, pan/tilt (PT) and/or pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ).
- Day and/or night security camera, via infrared (IR) or laser sensors.
- Covert (i.e. Hidden or Spy), bullet and/or dome Gold Coast Security Cameras.
- Water/vandal resistant/proof - e.g. IP66, IP67, IP68
- Wired or WiFi.
- Digital video recorder (DVR), Network video recorder (NVR), manage with your current computer, or one of our custom Linux-based computers.
- LCD screen for live monitoring? Or simply use your existing computers?
- Low mega pixel (e.g. VGA resolution 640x480) or high mega pixel
(e.g. Full HD resolution 1080p).
- Security camera lens size: field of view vs range.
- ONVIF or PSIA compliant.
- Avoid power cables via a power over ethernet (PoE) solution.
- Motion capture via PIR motion sensors, or computer vision software to analysis each image frame for movement.
- Remote access from your home PC, iPhone, iPad and/or Android smartphone/tablet, via a browser or mobile app (e.g. Blue Iris, Pacom's PDR, SwannView, vMEye, Milestone XProtect, etc).
- VMS such as Blue Iris or Milestone XProtect.
Traditional 700TVL Analogue Gold Coast Security Cameras vs 2MP Digital IP Gold Coast Security Cameras
Traditional analogue Gold Coast Security Cameras resolution is rated 700TVL. In
digital terms that is equivalent to only 0.5MP! With IP Gold Coast Security Cameras, you
can get 1MP (i.e. 720p), 2MP (i.e. 1080p), 4MP (i.e. double 1080p!) and 12MP. Here is a image showing the
difference between 700TVL and a 2MP IP security camera:
Security Camera Lens Size: Field of View Vs Range
|Focal Length of
Sensor||1/4" Imaging Sensor|
Information About Gold Coast
Once little more than a weekend surfing and fishing retreat for Brisbanites, the Gold Coast has come quite a way since a couple of entrepreneurs sat down in the 1960s and planned a canal resort on one of the finest stretches of golden beaches in the land.
Today the Gold Coast is a vibrant city of 400,000, a surf, sun and rainforest mecca for tourists from all over the world. It conjures up different images for different people, but whether you adore it or detest it, you can’t ignore it. From its nightclubs to its beaches, from its towering apartment buildings to soaring rainforest, from its myriad golf courses to its theme parks, the Gold Coast is brash, it’s young and it’s exciting.
A major arterial road also links Broadbeach to Nerang and the rainforest rich hinterland. The entire Gold Coast-Tweed region is a haven for game, reef, beach, estuary and freshwater fishing.
Broadbeach is somewhat quieter than Surfers Paradise to the north, but boasts and excellent stretch of beach, dining and shopping options. Broadbeach Mall and Surf Parade are lined with trendy outdoor cafes and restaurants, and beachfront craft markets are held the first and third Sunday of every month. But probably the best known attraction at Broadbeach is Conrad Jupiters Casino, which thrives with gamblers 24 hours a day.